Amazon Sports Collectibles

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sports Card Collector Insight - Welcome

Hi!
Welcome to the first post of Sports Card Collector Insight. I have designed this sight to provide information about sports cards, card company offerings, set lists, trending topics, links to contests, promotions and everything else in the world of sports card collecting!   I am like you, a collector, a flipper, a bargain hunter, a treasurer hunter!   So take some time to visit the site, let me know any feedback, tell me what you love to collect, how you feel about the hobby and where it is headed, I would love to hear from you.


A little about myself.  I have been collecting for 40 years now.  I started with the late 1970's Topps baseball, buying packs at the corner drug store for a quarter and trading the duplicates with my friends.  We would ride our bikes to the store, buy a few packs, and maybe even some everlasting gobstoppers for 10 cents apiece.   It was only later in my teenage years, did I learn that these cards had value, led by the rookie card of speedster Rickey Henderson.  I found out that I had 3 copies of the 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson Rookie Card.

How sweet that was.  Mint? No way, Cherished? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment